Developed over centuries Chinese Medicine generated a unique way of seeing not only a human being, but all things in the universe. Healing the body using many different techniques to harness the philosophy such as Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Diet and Nutrition, Cupping, Tui Na, Gua Sha.
Chinese Herbal Medicine uses natural plants and herbs to develop formulas targeted to specific conditions of imbalance in the body and mind.
Why Should I Choose Chinese Medicine?
Chinese Herbal Medicine is a gentle way to work with your body to both heal ailments and help prevent conditions by supporting overall health.
Here are just some of the benefits of herbal medicine:
- Proven: Its efficacy is scientifically documented around the world.
- Very safe: people have been using herbs for tens of thousands of years.
- No dependency: helps correct your imbalances, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
- Preventative: supports and maintains optimal health.
- Can be used to treat hard-to-diagnose problems or syndromes.
Chinese Medicine Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbal is very effecitve but must be personalized for your particular situation, based on the Chinese Medicine diagnosis. During your consultation, you and your practitioner will discuss your primary and secondary concerns, your body constitution, the current state of your system, medical history and any other information about yourself (even if you believe it is not relevant, because everything about you is relevant).
After gathering this information, we will determine the best herbal formula to support your healing. Your practitioner will prepare your formula and you can decide what form you would like it in: prepared granule (easy and convienient) or raw herbs (you have to take time to cook this yourself). We will continue to check in with you to track your progress, making any adjustments if needed, to ensure you are getting the maximum benefits of the herbal formulas.
Tools and Adjunct Treatments
There are a variety of options when it comes to Chinese Medicine treatments, because the basis of this medicine is to include both Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. We also pair acupuncture treatments with moxibustion and/or cupping depending on the patient and their needs. We’ll discuss your medical history and health goals with you before you start treatment so we can decide together how best we can facilitate your healing based on your specific condition and needs. We go through the process together the entire way, answer any questions you may have and are available anytime during your treatment.
What Can Chinese Medicine Treat?
Acupuncture treatments can work for a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Any type of pain: such as upper/mid/lower back, sciatic, neck, head (headache/migrane), (frozen) shoulder, ankle, foot (plantar), knee, joints
Injuries: such as sports, car, general
- Fertility and gynecological conditions
- Women’s and men’s health
- Sleep quality and insomnia
- Energy, stamina, low energy, and fatigue
- Digestive conditions
- Stress and mental health: such as anxiety, depression, and emotional health
- Allergies, asthma, and other respiratory conditions
Why Is This Not Common Knowledge?
Most successful acupuncture treatments are documented by the people who benefit from them, and not by large studies sponsored by big dollars. We are a small family looking to make the world better, come see one of our family, and we will discuss how you can achieve your best self, and why this is been under the radar for so long.
Justin Ngui R.TCMP.,R.Ac. (Click for profile)
Angela Szeto R.TCMP., R.Ac. (Click for profile)